AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Civil/Commercial Litigation
- United States District Court for Colorado
- United States Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Virginia (Associate)
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Military & Veteran Affairs Section
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
- Member, The Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
- Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- University of Michigan Law School
- Clerkship for Judge Andrew J. Kleinfeld of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Fairbanks, Alaska
Michael focuses on complex commercial and general business litigation at the trial level. He represents clients in diverse industries and areas of practice, including commercial, oil and gas, trade secrets, class actions, securities, antitrust, products liability, and environmental litigation. Prior to joining Richards Carrington, LLC, Michael practiced in Denver at litigation boutique Wheeler, Trigg, O’Donnell LLP, and in Washington, D.C. at litigation boutique Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel P.L.L.C.
Michael attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. This training has proven particularly useful in highly technical cases, such as those involving trade secrets, economics, or products liability. When expert witnesses are called to testify on complex or scientific topics, Michael readily translates their expertise into easy-to-understand, persuasive testimony that is quickly grasped by judges and juries. Michael went on to earn his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School.
Before attending law school, Michael was a cavalry officer in the United States Army, where he served more than two years in Iraq. His assignments included armor platoon leader, armor company executive officer, and battalion logistics officer. An avid motorcyclist, Michael enjoys spending time outdoors, either riding or with his dogs.