AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- State of Colorado, 2005
- State of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2013-2018
Chris transitioned into private practice after serving as a state prosecutor in the 18th Judicial District. He is licensed in Colorado and New York, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. He has litigated cases throughout the country—including Colorado, New York, Florida, and California.
After serving as litigation counsel to the Lehman Brothers estate for the past decade, Chris’ practice has expanded to nearly all aspects of business and commercial litigation, from contract and fraud disputes to land partition and fraudulent transfer/successor liability cases.
Chris has tried over 40 jury trials, with a particular emphasis on cases against the Colorado Attorney General and post-judgment litigation. He also regularly speaks to the Colorado Livestock Association regarding legal issues impacting Colorado’s agriculture industry.
Chris is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed as a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2013-2019.
Some of his successes include:
- Represented investment bank in a fraudulent transfer investigation in California federal court, resulting in the collection of 100% of the client’s multimillion-dollar judgment.
- Represented bank in pursuit of a collection on New York state court judgment, resulting in a collection of 100% of judgment and interest.
- Represented two law firms and a title company as lead trial counsel in defense of governmental enforcement action, resulting in denial of government’s request for award of more than $3.7 million in restitution.
- Represented demolition company as lead trial counsel in pursuit of negligence claims against subcontractor that caused more than $1 million in damages, resulting in verdict in favor of client.
- Represented loan servicer in contract litigation in Colorado federal court, resulting in summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented investment bank in contract dispute in New York federal court resulting in summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented loan investor in contract dispute in California federal court, resulting in summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented whistleblower in false claims action against prominent defense contractor.
- Represented clients in lawsuit filed in the British Virgin Islands by clients’ former law firm, resulting in successful resolution of all claims.
- Represented local news personality and news station in disputes related to civil rights claims, reaching result in client’s favor.