Attorney Doug Richards spoke to Fox 31 Denver about the recent sentencing of Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman. Guzman has been sentenced to life behind bars in a U.S. prison, a humbling end for a drug lord once notorious for his ability to kill, bribe or tunnel his way out of trouble. A federal judge in Brooklyn handed down the sentence Wednesday, five months after Guzman’s conviction in an epic drug-trafficking case. The 62-year-old drug lord, who had been protected in Mexico by an army of gangsters and an elaborate corruption operation, was brought to the U.S. to stand trial after he twice escaped from Mexican prisons.
- Doug Richards Speaks to Law360 on Psychological Disorders as Defense
- 7 Questions with George Newhouse
- The Colorado Hemp Industry and Litigation
- FOX 31 TV Report: Doug Richards Speaks Out on Drunk-Driving Probe of Aurora Officer Nate Meier
- Doug Richards Speaks to Denver Post on Planned Parenthood Shooter